Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cast the first stone

In the dating world, I'm finding that there is A LOT of judgment.  We judge first impressions on how the person dresses, what they drive, how they carry themselves, etc, etc.  You know, those typical "at a glance" kind of things.  As the date goes on, the questions start coming and we start judging on a deeper level.  Do they have a career that meshes with ours, do they like the same things, do they have the same beliefs?  And this is when the more touchy subjects come in, the biggest being...THE PAST!

Oh, my gosh. I'd like to be very frank with you (and when they ask, this is pretty much what I will tell a possible future suitor.) I am currently 30 years old.  Before I met my husband, I loved dating and all the perks that came with it.  Now that I am a divorcee, I am REALLY enjoying dating.  I'm enjoying dating men, not boys.  They're mature (most of the time) they know what they want in life, and most are secure in what I do for a living, even respect it and find it to be a bit of a turn on.  But then there's a few, one in particular in the last couple days, who brought up my past and my current situation.   They ask about how many men I've been with, how many am I seeing at once, why I've made some of the choices I have, and how on earth, and how do I dare, have some of the relationships I have with guys. 

First, I believe in honesty 100% in any kind of relationship, and I tell them that, straight up.  That being said, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T ASK.   If you ask me a question about my past and current relationships, I will tell you and I  won't sugar coat it.  Yeah, I'm dating more than one guy.  So what?  I didn't hear anyone say they're committing to me, and until that happens, it's all fair game. Second, if you're not happy with the answer, don't you dare judge me! How does that go? "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." If you're going to judge me for the way I live my life, you better be totally clear of sin, especially on the moral grounds.  (Let me give you an example:  This guy judged me on my dating history, how I've been with SO many males, yet he's in a contract marriage, simply to get BAH from the Army....please tell me how, breaking the sanctity of marriage is morally okay, yet dating a few guys isn't...)

I'm very lucky to be in a profession and in an environment, where more often than not, I'm not worried to share how I'm living with people.  I'm not afraid of being judged or looked down on.  But one thing I'm learning through this, is even if I am judged, I do not give two f*cks what people think....simply because, I know that when there is ONE person who says "it's just you and me" they're going to be okay with my past.  They'll realize that everything I do everyday and everything I have done up to this point, is making me who I am.  It's making my skin thicker and forcing me to be a stronger version of me.  It's allowing me to step out of my comfort zone and meet people and talk to people who I would have never given a second look to. It's teaching me that there are SO many kinds of people in this world, and more importantly, life is FUN! 

So, judge me if you will.  I like going on dates It's a blast. I love being with men because there's something very comforting about it.  Sure, I'll find that "one" someday, but I refuse to settle for someone who "can maybe just stop being so...judgmental and get over it." Take me or leave me, those are the only two options Mr. Right has....so, good luck to him, but to whomever it is, let me put this out there:  You'll never find anyone as loyal, as willing to love, ready to experience life, and willing to give of themselves, 100% to the person who is able to take me for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment