Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Motivation through the difficult

Holy crap, how long has it been since I wrote anything? I know, it's been forever! So, here I am. Sitting around on a the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, watching some weird "Turkey Hollow" show, and I thought I might shoot an update and do my best to keep this thing up to date now that I've been making some big changes in life! 

What changes you ask? Well...to be honest, it's nothing TOO different, except I'm moving to Korea, had a tummy tuck, upped my workouts, changed my diet and made some big decisions.

Well, let's start at the first one.  After being pulled around, bounced around wanting to go here, there everywhere, the decision was pretty much made for me....it was three  years in Alaska, or one in Korea. So, I went with the one in Korea. Why not, right? I think it's going to be a good career move.  It'll allow me to get a new perspective on being an analyst. Well, I'll actually get to do my job! I know, crazy idea, right?  But I can't wait!! It's going to be a whole new challenge! You know me, I like life to be hard! What fun is simple? As for dates, dunno yet.  I enjoy the TBD way of life.

Next big step.  I finally had my tummy tuck! Thursday will be three weeks since the procedure and I'm already back, hitting the gym better than ever! It's different than before, simply because I know, like my arms, I'm going to start seeing results.  Already, I've lost a couple inches, and at my follow up yesterday, the doctor said I was still very bloated and will be for another couple months! Uufdah....if this is bloated, I can't wait to see what it'll be come February or March.  But, for now, I'm starting out slowly. Light weight and high reps.  This year in Korea, while being an adventure in the job, is going to be a physical transformation.  Train hard, train often, but have fun!

So, as for other goals...you guys know me. What would my life be without goals? Right? And you also know, my goals are never small! Life would be so boring without trying to accomplish the impossible.  You all started with me on the journey at about 200 pounds, trying to simply enlist in the military.  I'm almost 3 years in to this journey, so now it's time to start training for the next step. While no, I'm not talking Ranger school, even I am not so Hooah.  However, there is a group called SOAR...instead of me trying to explain it all...check out their website:

http://www.sorbrecruiting.com/160th.htm

I'm not about living an easy life.  I'm not content with average. Maybe I'll fail, I dunno.  But if I do, I'll be able to finish out my career saying I tried to be part of the best! If I fail, it won't be because I didn't give a damn, it's because I simply wasn't good enough! Reality! It is what it is.

Well, that's really all for now.  I'm living in a townhouse, with two friends, two dogs, 10 minutes from work.  Living each day to it's fullest...or trying to. It's not all sunshine and roses, but you know life isn't. It's how you deal with it.  Being knocked down is part of it all...but as Rocky says, it's not how hard you can hit, it's how hard you can get hit and get back up! (You're welcome for the bit of inspiration!) I'm going to do my darndest to keep my adventures updated, because this year is going to be one hell of a ride!!

Oh, and you can believe I'm gonna be needing help!   Until next time my little umpa lumpas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment